Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dub-style

So, how do you feel about the whole dubstep movement?

Let's be honest. In your average nightclub, your average dubstep track would probably freak out most of the "play me my Britney / Lady GaGa / Black Eyed Peas now!" clubgoers on the dance floor.

But let's expand our minds. For me dubstep can be absolutely RAW. The basslines drop the floor right out of the club. And come ON all you disc jockeys. You know you can find a track other than Hov's "Big Pimpin" to half time your dance party mix.

Check AM getting all dub-style at the WMC in Miami this year:


Whether or not you feel it, appreciate the art that is dubstep.

This M83 track is absolutely beautiful:
We Own The Sky (Udachi remix)

And if you know me, you know that I have a mad crush on Little Boots:
Remedy (Rusko's Big Trainers remix)

PS, for all you dub loyalists out there, give me a minute to catch up. ;)

1 comment:

Dan B said...

Wobbly screwface riddims from the selecta CAMS!!!

BOH BOH!!